Complete Guide on Why People Fail to Find jobs in Dubai
1. Applying for a Job from Outside the UAEThe Dubai job market has become more and more competitive than last years. Applying for a job from outside the UAE is one of the worst decisions ever made by job seekers nowadays. That time has almost gone when your salary, local cost of living, visa, flight ticket and other expenses were confirmed for an overseas job offer. With the passage of time, the recruitment process has almost been changed over the years due to tough competition. So if you are eager to find jobs in Dubai, you must be residing in the UAE on a visit visa to maximize your chances of getting hired. Due to Dubai's highly tough job market, thousands of potential job seekers are waiting for their turn that are actually live in Dubai, can conduct face to face job interviews and explain their strengths and weaknesses. Then the question raises, why an employer should hire from outside the UAE. So this could be the possible reason of not getting a job in Dubai.
2. Wrong Time Choose to Visit DubaiThe most common cause of failure is wrong time choose to visit Dubai. I would certainly advice you not to visit Dubai in the month of Ramadan (June and July) Eid (September) and Christmas/New Year (December) when it comes to hiring. Because of these events, the hiring process almost remains no longer active so you should avoid traveling to Dubai. The best time to visit Dubai for job seekers in the month of February, March, April, May, October and November. So these bunch of months are good enough for searching a job in Dubai.
3. Unfocused Boring Resume/CVThe unprepared boring CV format most probably won't nail your dream job. However, so called unfocused poor format maybe puts your CV down in front of employer’s eye. These types of boring CVs are finally forced the employer to reject and move him to the next deserving one. If you are looking for a job in Dubai either full time or part time, having the perfect resume and cover letter is vital which help you to stand out from the crowd. So this could be another reason of failure in finding a job in Dubai.
Must Read: Useful Tips on How to Make Good CV
4. Consider for Apply Online OnlyThe worst mistakes almost job seekers do is consider only one source called apply CV online. According to my observation and based on my own experience, applicants depend upon on a single source. That means, they have selected or memorize it 3-4 or 6-8 job hunting sites and forward their CVs on the daily basis and wait for the interview calls. And then nothing happened, they complain, some blame on the websites, some blame their destiny and some people give up. I urge you to create your profile on different social networking sites such as Facebook and LinkedIn, which is known as powerful job search weapons. So this could also be another reason of not hiring for a job in Dubai.
5. Drop off Resume in the Hands of HR VS. Sending by EmailMost of job seekers are unaware the importance of dropping off resume in the hands of HR. In their thoughts, both are similar or they can't even differentiate between both of them. Job advertisements generate daily hundreds of job seeker's CVs by email. However, a bunch of receiving CVs raise confusions and as well as questions that how to search a most deserving candidate in the bunch of CVs. So whenever you drop off your resume in the hands of HR at that moment you may introduce yourself in front of recruiting manager. So this is an unforgettable moment and differentiates you from other candidates.
6. Job Seekers are Unaware of Power of Social MediaNobody can underestimate the power of social media how it's important for job seekers. Social media used to connect both employers and employees to each other. According to research, 92% of recruiting companies are using social media such as LinkedIn, Facebook and other social networking sites. However, Facebook used after LinkedIn. Some quick advice for young employees who are totally unaware the importance of job search weapons called LinkedIn and Facebook. My advice is to create a complete profile on LinkedIn and Facebook, put your every information there which they want from you. Join jobs and careers related active pages and groups and discussions there. Believe me; you will be amazed to see the improvement in your jobs and career field. If you have not tried yet, then maybe this could be another reason based on the job you are not getting.
7. Lack of Preparation in a Job InterviewLack of interview skills may fail you what you actually deserve. There are many reasons can make the employers disappoint such as lack of knowledge of the field you are interviewing, lack of knowledge of their organization, lack of eye contact, lack of confidence etc. Based on research and learning, you can make yourself perfect and convince the employer you are the most deserving person for a job. So make yourself prepared before attending an interview.
Must Read: 5 Most Successful Job Interview Tips for Job Seekers
8. Job Seekers Who Apply for the Wrong PositionThe most common reason of failure is applying for the wrong position. Whenever you see some job ads like attractive salary, accommodation, visa expenses, flight tickets and other allowances then you just fall in love with the amount of salary package without knowing such skills, qualification and experience, you forward CVs blindly. It's human error or human nature whatever you call, but this is something bitter truth which can't land you on the table of an interviewer. However, sooner or later this blunder will realize you that you have chosen the wrong job to apply. So this usually happens with job seekers when they impress to see the salary package and when they frustrated from unemployment.
9. Have No Job Reference in ResumeReference could call PR (public relations) or source in other words. With passing time, reference plays a major part in getting a job in Dubai. Some companies still exist who don't advertise their jobs in newspapers and on online job hunting websites. However, they pick the candidates for the particular job through references. Due to lack of networking, getting a job can be extremely frustrating for many job seekers nowadays. Therefore, you need to focus on increasing the quality of references.
10. Become Victims of Recruitment AgenciesWhen your job search feels hopeless and you are close enough to give up. At that moment, you get started to approach recruitment agencies to get a job in Dubai. What does mostly agents do? They make false promises, fraud, scams, abusive after taking recruitment fee. I'd certainly advice you from core of my heart find legal employment agents who are license verified and can be approved by the government.
Must Read: How to Identify the Potential Recruitment Agent